Meet Maritime Lawyer Carolyn M. Latti
Representing Clients Hurt on Land and Offshore Accidents Nationwide
Carolyn Latti is a maritime lawyer and partner of the Boston admiralty law firm of Latti & Anderson LLP. In fact, she is also one of the few female Plaintiff’s maritime attorneys on the East Coast. Carolyn focuses on admiralty law, representing those who work on or around the sea, such as fishermen, dockworkers and merchant seamen as well as passengers hurt on nautical vessels, such as yachts, boats, ferries and cruise ships.
In 2001, Carolyn won the honor of being in the 10 Massachusetts Lawyers of the Year by Massachusetts Lawyers Weekly. Furthermore, cases she has tried have twice been featured in its “Top Ten Verdicts of the Year.”
Carolyn attributes her success to approaching admiralty law from a perspective of compassion and understanding. The daughter of maritime lawyer Michael Latti, her summers as a child were spent on Cape Cod, sailing, fishing and working on the water. This then built her own firsthand experience with the sea. As the youngest of four children, she often found herself having to argue her way out of trouble, sometimes facing down bigger and stronger siblings to make sure they heard her.
Maritime Lawyer in Boston for National Injury at Sea Claims
What Carolyn enjoys most about maritime law are the relationships that she develops with her clients and their families by immersing herself in their story as much as she can. Carolyn is so dedicated that she will even go out and study the scene of an offshore accident to have first hand facts about a client’s case. She marries her own success with the success of her clients. Consequently, her results both in and out of the courtroom show how effective that can be.
Family is one of the most important things to Carolyn, which is why she works so hard to protect it. A family woman herself, she is married and lives with her husband, a former Assistant District Attorney, and their children. One of Carolyn’s favorite ways to spend time with them is to jump in the kitchen and whip up something delicious or watch her children competing in sports.
If you would like to contact maritime lawyer Carolyn Latti, please call Latti & Anderson LLP and set up an appointment. Our maritime attorneys serve clients nationwide.
- American Bar Association Member
- American Association for Justice Member
- Chair, Admiralty Section 2012 – 2013
- Vice Chair, Admiralty Section 2011 – 2012
- Newsletter Editor, Admiralty Section 2010 – 2011
- Secretary, Admiralty Section 2009 – 2010
- Member, Admiralty Section
- Massachusetts Academy of Trial Attorneys Member
- Maritime Law Association Member
- SuperLawyer, Massachusetts Rising Star 2009
- Harborview Children Day Care Center U.S. District Court, District of Massachusetts, 1996 – 1997, Board of Directors
Lectures and Speaking Engagements
- Massachusetts Continuing Legal Education
- “Maritime Law-Navigating the Seas,” January 21, 2009, Boston, Massachusetts
- American Trial Lawyers
- “Jones Act and Regulatory Basis Liability,” July 15, 2007, Chicago, Illinois
- American Association for Justice
- “Limitation of Liability: Practice Pointers,” Paper, 2011 Vancouver, British Columbia
- Lorman Education Services
- “Maritime Law: Personal Injury and Environmental Damage Claims,” October 24, 2008, Honolulu, Hawaii