Latti & Anderson LLP will be sponsoring the net mending and scallop shucking contests this weekend at the Massachusetts Working Waterfront Festival in New Bedford. The net mending contest on September 28 and the scallop shucking contest on September 29 will both offer cash prizes for first through third place. For both, third place will receive $100, second $250 and first $500. Shucking knives will also be given away as prizes.
This weekend marks the ten-year anniversary for the Working Waterfront Festival, celebrating the fishing culture of New Bedford, the largest fishing port in the nation. Highlights of the festival include:
- A farmer’s market
- Model boat shows, including a full-size Beetle Whaleboat on display
- Children’s art activities
- Festival dining provided by The Sea Food Hut, Newburyport Crab Company, R. Shucks Raw Bar, Destination Soups, Café Arpeggio, and Flour Girls Bakery
- Cooking demonstrations from galley, ethnic and professional chefs
- A Seafood Throwdown between two top chefs
- A man overboard demo which will provide a dockside demonstration on how on-deck fisherman must react swiftly when a crew member has fallen overboard
Latti & Anderson LLP will have a booth both days of the event and are looking forward to seeing all visitors. Stop by our booth to chat with us and learn more about our maritime law services, or just come by to grab a free mug. We will also be handing out free scallop knives to all fishermen.
Our Boston Jones Act attorneys understand the risk fishermen and crewmembers at sea face every day. We have been representing New England’s boat, dock, barge and ferry workers for over 50 years and are dedicated to getting the compensation and justice victims of tragedies at sea deserve.
If you or a loved one has been injured at sea, contact our maritime law attorneys today, and do not forget to sign up for our contests this weekend- we look forward to seeing you.
Latti & Anderson LLP– Boston maritime trial lawyers