Utility Company Sued for Lake of the Ozarks Electrocution Incident
The mother of two St. Louis children that were electrocuted and killed last Fourth of July at Lake of the Ozarks is suing Union Electric Company for wrongful death. The children, an eight-year-old boy and 13-year-old girl, died while swimming at their family’s vacation home after being electrocuted due to a short circuit shock.
The lawsuit claims that Union Electric failed to let dock owners know that electrical protection devices were needed to prevent these accidents from occurring.
Electrocutions on ships or in bodies of water can cause burns, permanent brain damage and even death- and it only takes one second to electrocute a large group of people in water. Defective equipment and lack of proper safety procedures, such as this incident in Missouri, can cause a wrongful death situation where a young life is taken too soon.
The maritime law attorneys at Latti & Anderson understand the horrific and painful process of dealing with the death of a loved one due to someone else’s negligence. We have helped recover millions of dollars for electrocution and burn victims– we achieved a $4.5 million settlement for a merchant seaman that lost two years of work due to severe burns on the job.
If you or someone you love has been injured at sea due to defective equipment or lack of regulations, contact our Jones Act attorneys today.
Latti & Anderson’s Little Extra: Burns can cause psychological stress leading to anxiety and post-traumatic stress disorder.
Latti & Anderson LLP– Boston maritime trial lawyers