Attorney Michael Latti
Meet Maritime Trial Lawyer Michael Latti
Regarded One of the Best Maritime Attorneys on the East Coast
Maritime Trial Lawyer Michael Latti is well known as one of the best maritime attorneys on the East Coast. A true master of admiralty law and Jones Act settlements, Michael Latti currently works Of Counsel for the Boston maritime law firm he started over 50 years ago, Latti & Anderson LLP. Over the years, he has handled thousands of asbestos and maritime law cases, making a name for himself as one of the best trial lawyers of his generation.
Maritime Trial Lawyer Represented True Stories of The Perfect Storm and Fatal Forecast
Some of Michael’s most famous cases include:
- The case of the fishing vessel accident F/V Andrea Gail. Michael represented families of the missing seamean. The case was depicted in the book and movie The Perfect Storm.
- The case Honour Brown et. al. v. United States. This case was against the United States for maintaining a faulty weather buoy, as described in the book Fatal Forecast.
- The case of the oil spill of the Argo Merchant. Michael represented Cape Cod fishermen for permanent damage to the fishing area caused by the oil spill and endangerment to their livelihood.
- Representation of thousands of asbestos claims. These workers worked in the shipyards and were exposed to asbestos through the years.
Michael got his start when he was fortunate enough to get a job out of law school with a maritime trial lawyer. He learned everything he needed to know about maritime law cases by carrying the attorney’s briefcase and watching him in court for a payment of $25 per week. Eventually, Michael’s boss turned the maritime law firm over to him. Then, 50 years later, Michael turned the firm over to his daughter and his son-in-law, attorneys Carolyn Latti and David Anderson.
If you need to speak to experienced maritime attorneys, contact Latti & Anderson LLP today by calling or submitting a review form for a free consultation. We have law offices in Boston and New Bedford, Massachusetts. However, we represent maritime workers and their families throughout the United States.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Maritime Law Association of the United States – Member
- AV-rated, Martindale Hubbell
Past Employment Positions
- Special Assistant Attorney General, 1977 - 1978